Sunday, May 3, 2009

In Which John Gives Thumbs Up to a Stripper

Haven't updated since New Zealand, but here is basically what life has been like since then up until this epic weekend:

- Establishing the Thrill Seekers as a permanent group
- Not doing any homework due to due dates getting pushed back all the time
- Rehearsing for Cabaret
- Hanging out with the Moon Child and Blade
- Preparing for Sister Nightmare's birthday

Alright, this weekend!

On Friday, the casts of "The Dirty" and "Johnny the Sperm's Adventure in the Vajayjay" were taken to Kings Cross for a cast bonding experience. For details about the title of this blog please ask me.

On Saturday, we had to get up early, for the Thrill Seekers were going to the Blue Mountains. Or Blue Hash Browntains, since we ate hash browns for breakfast.

This was all part of Taylor's surprise 21st birthday. She was upset since her birthday is next week and that's when Cabaret opens, so we planned her a special, tiring day.

After seeing beautiful scenery and hiking for hours, we returned home for a nap while Abby and Andrew went to rehearsal. Taylor and I then saw "The Boat That Rocked." I thought it was a pretty swell movie.

Then Taylor and I returned to her place where SURPRISE! Everyone was waiting. I have never been on the "distraction committee" for a surprise party, but it was great fun spending the day with Taylor to ensure she had a great 21st.

Her roommates made two cakes, since the first one failed. I loved it. Imagine funfetti brownies. No one else liked it though, so I took the rest home.

Today I had Cabaret rehearsal all day. I'm excited to be the random guy onstage for the entire show.

1 comment: